With multiple web hosting solutions available in the market, selecting the right one suited for your business can be tedious. Choosing the right kind of hosting service is a pivotal choice that shapes the future of your business website.
If you are a business owner in New Zealand, planning to purchase NZ domain hosting services, and are confused between NZ VPS hosting, shared hosting, or reseller hosting, the article below can be extremely helpful and informative.
Learn The Difference: Reseller Hosting vs. VPS Hosting
Are you looking to choose between VPS vs Reseller hosting? Have a look at the table below.
|As the name suggests, Reseller hosting is when you buy web hosting services from a large-scale hosting server provider for your own web hosting business.
|Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a web hosting service where one physical server is virtually partitioned into different parts to provide exclusive resources of different virtual servers for multiple websites.
|Reseller hosting can be used to create websites of a certain type. So, the scope of this server is businesses that deal in reselling of hosting.
|You can build any kind of website through VPS hosting. But eCommerce stores, business websites, blogging, and portfolio websites thrive on VPS hosting.
|Reseller hosting can deal with big websites as long as they are web hosting web pages.
|VPS servers can usually handle a big website, but it requires a lot of customization, scaling, and configuration. VPS is good at handling small to medium levels of traffic without causing any breakdowns or downtime.
|Reseller hosting is a very pocket-friendly hosting service and a profitable way to start your own business in this field. Although it differs from provider to provider, the cost ranges from NZ Dollars 35 to 120 per month.
|When it comes to VPS, it is cheaper than a dedicated server but more expensive than shared hosting. That being said, it is also costlier than reseller hosting.
|● Easy to set up and manage since no technical knowledge or expertise is required.
● It is not expensive compared to other forms of web hosting services.
● Flexible and customizable to a certain extent.
● Provides tech and customer support.
● No need for maintenance and upkeep since the web host handles it.
|● Highly scalable with upgraded versions.
● Provides root access, configuration access, and cPanel access.
● Offer high degrees of security.
● It is highly customizable and flexible to use, navigate, and manage.
● No need for technical knowledge or expertise.
● Provides dedicated IP address.
● It can be operated on any operating system of choice, like Windows, Linux, or iOS.
● It is not limited to a certain kind of website and can host any type of business website.
|● Users cannot access the root controls.
● Completely dependent on the parent host company regarding configuration, management, security, and control.
● It is suitable for a certain kind of website and business.
|● It is costlier than reseller hosting.
Choosing between Reseller hosting vs VPS hosting depends on the demands and necessities of a business website. Typically, reseller hosting is a beneficial host for a web hosting enterprise that wishes to build a website. Whereas, VPS hosting in NZ is the best option for small and medium-sized companies to host their web pages and applications.